Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Return

Today I went back to school and apologized. I think the principal wanted to kick me off the premises, but every time he tried to say something, his mouth wouldn't open and he couldn't move.

I went to classes as I usually would. My teachers were unable to do anything about it. If they tried, their arms and legs went limp and their wide eyes looked ready to release a torrent of tears.

I only went along with it because I wanted things to be like they were before she came. Kinda futile, I guess.

None of the bigger boys or bullies bothered me today. I think they're afraid of me now. But no one else came near or spoke to me either. They're all afraid.

I thought I could make something of myself, be some kind of hero. But I've become the bad guy.

In the middle of P.E. I couldn't take it anymore and I ran out of the school and hid in the nearby trees, crying for awhile. On one of the trees was carved that weird symbol that was an O and X together.

Finally the "Queen" came and picked me up. She got out of the vehicle and helped me put my heavy backpack in the trunk (like I need to worry about homework anymore). Before we climbed in, she embraced me and told me she loves me and only wants the best for me.

All the way home she wouldn't shut up about how she just wanted me to reach my true potential.

"It's why I chose you a year and a half ago," she said. "I saw you would be the perfect son."

Once we got home, she told me again that she was proud of me.

She seems to be trying to coax me back into that cooperative state. I think she genuinely likes something about me. I don't think she wants to force me to be under her sway, but will if she has no other choice.

I am confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment