Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Meet Candle Cove

I had to move the object. I think she was beginning to suspect its location.

I wish it was as easy to hide as it would be in that weird city.

Speaking of which, we went back this evening. I went willingly, figuring I didn't have much choice. This time, though, we didn't get on that weird elevator and go to that creepy dirty place where people were imprisoned.

"Sometimes," she said, "I utilize the City's unique properties as a shortcut."

Eventually we came to a door in the road and went through.

We found ourselves in an strange, dimly lit room with walls made of stone. It seemed mold grew in some patches.

The room was largely empty, save for a really strange eyeball-looking camera and some other unsettlingly organic-looking equipment.

"Hmm. They've not arrived yet. We should only have to wait a few minutes, though. They understand the consequences. Far worse than the Dying Man could ever dish out."

Those few moments were unbearable. There was nothing to do and the overwhelming silence was at times punctuated by intermittent screaming coming from somewhere above.

Then several instantly recognizable figures entered: Pirate Percy (with his trademark eyepatch), the Laughingstock, Horace Horrible, and of course, the Skin-Taker. His cape was absurdly long.

"Where's Janice?" I asked, realizing this must be where Candle Cove was filmed.

"The last Janice died. Couldn't cope with the extremely difficult working conditions, apparently."

I didn't say anything else.

"This is our newest recruit," she said, introducing me. "His name is Evan Marsden. Soon, so very soon, you will be showing him the ropes. The upcoming Candle Cove hiatus is for this purpose, the training of new recruits. We will succeed; there is no other option."

I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Does the new blood bruise easy?" asked Horace.

"Oh, no. He's quite my tough little man."

We made introductions (I hope the Skin-Taker noticed my glare). Percy whispered something to me before she and I went back to the house. Something frightening:

"I'm so sorry. I can't help you this time. You have to do this. It's the only way. Or we all perish."

3 comments:

  1. Far worse than I could dish out? She has no idea what I can do! I already have a grudge against your "Queen" due to the actions of one of her servants but this slight...

    Oh she will get what's coming to her someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are May. You can't be the Dying Man (whatever that is). Even if you were, it would have to be the Dying Woman. I think this shows you're just some weird person that's been yanking my chain. Nothing you say really makes sense. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

      Delete
    2. Huh... Oh right I hadn't intended to reveal my true nature. Well as long as it's out now. I'm a body jumper sweetie. This account belonged to one of my old bodies. I happen to be a little nostalgic for that body and so I still use this account.

      Of course you don't have to believe me but it's no weirder than a puppet girl controlling people with strings or The Cast of Candle Cove appearing before you is it?

      Delete