Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Plan

I don't remember seeing Stephen all day. It was kind of a blur with all that fighting and there were so many people there.

But now he's done it.

He did what I asked.

Yesterday when I asked him for help, his inner humanity kicked in and he agreed (though it was no doubt partly on account of the danger to his own life).

After I told him my idea, I told him to keep beating me up so she wouldn't suspect.


This evening he came over, ostensibly to apologize. We had to wait awhile, though, the Witch wasn't there.

When she did show up, he said sorry and I said I accepted.

Then Stephen took out his hunting knife (he goes after deer with his dad) and began to try to cut through the strings. I got the idea from that blog proxiehunter told me about. I knew it had ended in death for the previous Percy, but Janice had gotten away intact, so I thought there might be a possibilty, however small.

The Witch laughed.

"That won't help you. That reminds me of when I got the last Janice. Unlike Jodie Silver, I actually acquired a girl named Janice. Anyway--get this--her teacher actually came to try and save her!" She cackled some more. "He, of course, was killed along the way. And, as I said before, poor Janice was worked to death. Unfortunately the cameras weren't rolling at the time. What an episode that would have been! Anyway, the teacher actually tried to cut Percy free!"

She cackled. I felt sick.

Stephen continued to cut through the invisible strings. Though he couldn't see them, he could feel them. As he did so, he said, "I'm sorry for pushing you around. You know, the new kid and all." I've flunked out of several schools previously because of not being able to deal with Nick's death. My parents couldn't afford a counselor.

I felt my arms drop to my sides. I couldn't use them. They seemed dead.

Soon my neck drooped likewise, then I was on my knees. I fell onto my face, unable to pick myself up.

"I had such plans for you, boy. Pity." She pulled some of the strings from her clothing and strangled him with them.

I hate her.

Fortunately, a little while ago she left and I regained feeling in my limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment