Friday, May 4, 2012

First Things First

Let me start by saying this: I am not insane.

I swear to you I'm not insane.

But she's after me. This creepy woman.

I am 13 years old.

That sounds worse than it actually is. Or maybe it's worse than it sounds?

You see, she's made of wood and she can control people. With invisible strings.

I didn't know about her at first. Until recently. Well, this morning to be exact. Dad and Mom were yelling again (they've done that a lot since the accident) and out of nowhere I stood up from my cereal bowl and punched my dad in the face.

I swear I didn't do it. It surprised me and freaked me out as much as it did my dad.

But, I...kind of liked it. It was fascinating and exhilirating and cathartic all at the same time. I, of course, apologized, but I was sent to school with the stipulation that videogames were off limits when I got home.

Like I play those much anymore. Reminds me too much of Nicky.

At school I was confronted by Stephen, who likes to pick on me. I tried to ignore it, as usual. He just shoves me through the halls anyway. That's all he'd done to me this year, as well as call me stupid names.

But as I rounded the corner, I saw her at the other end of the hallway, smiling at me, sympathetically. Before I reached the door to my math class, Stephen shoved me to the ground, my backpack and books scattering everywhere. She took a step toward me. I don't think anyone else noticed her. Even though she looked wooden, I thought she was beautiful. She was still smiling.

I was angry at Stephen; I wanted to punch him in the mouth.

And it happened. Again, out of my control.

I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Then I seemed to have super strength as I grabbed him by the collar and tossed him across the hall. His body dented some lockers.

After he ran away and the kids who had been watching and laughing at the excitement went to class (fortunately no teachers saw; I hope it's not on the security camera), I was alone with the woman. She told me that if I let her control me, I'd be able to do amazing things like this and more.

I hesitated and told her I'd think about it. I stooped to pick up my things. After I looked up, she had disappeared.

Of course I haven't told my parents, but I felt I had to tell somebody, even if they don't believe me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yeah. Please don't swear in the comments, in case my parents see this.

    ReplyDelete