Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am her servant


All day I was bored at school, waiting for the Lady to return. It was such a long day!!!



Finally at home this afternoon she arrived. My mom wasn't home, since she comes home later than me. I always use my key to get in.



The Lady appeared in my living room. She was gazing at me with her beautiful glassy eyes. She wore a long black dress that emphasized her curves. Behind her I could've sworn the TV flickered on for a minute, with the host and guests on some talk show staring straight at me, smiling.



I forgot about it when the next thing happened: I couldn't see them, but I could sense something coming out of her hands--invisible strings.



I know I mentioned something like that before, but I was sort of guessing. I knew she was controlling me, so I imagined it as kind of like a puppet. I was more right than I realized.



I felt the strings pierce my skin all over, especially my arms and legs. She had me in her grasp. It hurt very badly, but only for a second.



I guess brief intense pain is better than having all your skin pulled off and you dying because of it.



She walked me around the room awhile, showing me what I could now do under her control. I tossed some porcelain cats from the bookshelf into the air and was fast enough to catch them before they broke. I was able to punch straight through a wall.



I felt the strings slide out and she grinned at me. "You've seen what I can do for you. So, what's your decision?"



I scarcely hesitated. "I accept. I am willing to be under your control."

The sting returned as she resumed control.



That's when Mom walked in.



"Who are you!?" she demanded.



"I will be replacing you," the Lady said, "soon enough."



"What are you talking about? Get out of my house! What are you doing with my son!?"



I felt myself walking over to my mother.



"What are you doing, Evan?"



I picked her up and threw her across the living room. As I walked toward my mom, the Lady used her strings to open the door leading to the basement. Then I picked Mom up again and threw her down the steps, the Lady closing the door behind her.



I faced her again. I noticed her dress was made of strings, many strings tightly woven together.



"Now," she said, "We will await your father."

He finally arrived a few minutes ago. BEfore he could say aything about this mysterious intruder, she was controlling him. He'd been given no choice, unlike me.

"I can tell you want to struggle," she taunted him. "I'm sorry, no one can break free of my control."

"Evan!" he cried. "Evan, can you get away? Get out of here if you can!"

I smiled back at him and his eyes went wide with terror.

"I'll tell you what," the Lady continued, "I'll have you and Evan fight each other."

And so we did. Me being her willing servant, however, I was of course the winner. She forced his bruised and bleeding almost-corpse to walk down the steps into the basement.

When the door was closed again, the Lady turned to me. "My associate will be taking care of them shortly."

She disappeared.

I am getting a little scared now. I hope she's not going to hurt or kill my parents. I love them.

I hear noises downstairs in the basement. Muffled voices. Screams.

Did I just hear...

The Skin-Taker? I could swear I just heard the Skin-Taker down there with my parents, saying "I'm going to grind your skin."

I hope the Lady's associate gets here soon to help them. The Lady and the Skin-Taker are both sort of like puppets, so maybe they're enemies? That guy going by the name Pirate Percy did suggest a connection.

Oh, yeah. One more thing: before  my mom walked in, the Lady told me that with these new abilities I would be furthering her cause and "helping the world."

I just realized something: if the Skin-Taker is real, then...could that be the "real" Pirate Percy in the comments? I'm so confused right now.


3 comments:

  1. Hmm tell you now or wait for you to find out for yourself and laugh at you?

    Tough Choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Skin-Taker belongs to Her. As does the current Pirate Percy that poor bastard. I''m sure if you look you can find JCarlson's blog "To Light a Candle". It should explain all you need to know about Her relationship with the Skin-Taker.

    You know, last I heard she was short a Horace Horrible too. I hope that isn't her plan for you.

    ReplyDelete