Saturday, May 12, 2012

I learn how to use my new abilities

"I've got a little job for you," the Queen said.

"What is it?"

"Kill the man I tell you to."

"Can't you just make me do it like you have before?"

"You're my little man now. I want to teach you a bit of independence, to see how willing and loyal you really are."

That was an hour ago. I'm now standing outside my dad's doll-repair business. I'm waiting for a criminal. She told me a burglar was coming here.

For some reason there's a big circle with an X in the middle graffitid (is that even a word?) on the wall.

I'm writing this on my phone. I've got to stop now. I hear someone.

Okay, so I did it. I've killed him. I don't feel so good.

I think she was here with me. She gave me my strength.

So here's what happened: I quietly followed the guy (I had been hiding around the corner) and saw him break a window to get in. Dad hadn't had the money yet to afford a security system.

I watched as he rummaged behind the counter, presumably looking for the money.

He looked up at me as I came forward, and he pulled out a gun. "And who do you think you are, kid?"

"I can't let you steal that money."

"Really? Try to stop me then."

He fired a couple of shots at me, and I dodged them with ease (to him, it no doubt looked like I was being pulled around). Then, approaching his wide-gaping face, I pulled the gun from his hand and punched him in the gut. I grabbed his arm and threw him across the store, a few shelves' worth of dolls falling over on him.

"You...you...She's got you, doesn't she?"

"I am her willing servant," I said.

"You'll learn to hate it," he told me. "I should've known this would happen, that traitorous--"

I couldn't take his disrespect of my Queen any longer. I grabbed his head by the hair and pounded it against the wall until blood poured out all over. He groaned and tried to scream, but I picked him up and tossed him back across the store, ending with my shoe smashing his face. He took no more breaths.

I'm home again. The Queen told me she lent me some agility and strength, even though the actions were my own.

I asked her why he knew her. She said, "Oh, he was a servant once. Until recently. He became uncooperative." Smiling, she looked me in the eyes and said, "But you did good, honey. I am proud of you."

I didn't feel so good after taking a life like that, but I'm feeling better about it now. Just think--with these abilities she's granted me, I can clear all sorts of criminals off the street! The world could be a better place. Maybe that's why she told me I'd be helping the world. If that guy used to be like me, though, there could be more of us. She could have a whole army of us. Bad guys don't stand a chance.

1 comment: