Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Eye

She came again today. I think she still wants to use me, though probably in a different capacity, since I am no longer a Willing Doll.

"I will give you one last chance, brat," she said. "Join me willingly or you will be my puppet."

"Really? After what you've done to my parents? After what you've done to ME!? You ruined my life!"

This was taking place in my bedroom, and I moved toward my nightstand, reaching toward the drawer where I had placed Stephen's hunting knife.

She drew closer, hands outstretched, taking on her motherly characteristics again.

"Honey, it's all right. Just come home and all will be forgiven."

That's when I struck.

I sliced at her fingers,which surprisingly came off with ease. I was hoping this would prevent her from controlling anyone.

I was wrong.

She morphed into her most hideous form agan as she began to inject her hooks beneath my skin. I slashed at the strings around her body. I felt myself start to come free.

She grunted and swung a wooden stump at my stomach. I reeled backward, dropping the knife. The Witch shot out some strings from her body and pulled the blade to her. She clutched it in her right hand, the one that was still whole.

The Witch shot the knife at me, and before I could move, it got me in the eye. The knife fell out of the socket, but what was left of my eye came with it. I clutched my socket in pain and slid to the floor whimpering.

With my good eye, I saw her standing over me, grinning at me with her broken, rotted, wooden teeth and chipped, almost pupil-less glass eyes.

"I guess I'll leave you to bleed to death. Pity. I had such high hopes for you." She cackled.

Then she left.

I've bandaged it the best I can. I don't want to go to a hospital; they'll never believe what happened.

It still hurts. I've taken some ibuprofen. I hope it doesn't get infected.

God, it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment